Happy Halloween! I’ve got a quick and easy Halloween recipe for you for some fun Halloween party food. Great for a kids party!
I don’t know about you, but we need something fast for dinner on Halloween night. And it needs to be something that the kids will eat without a fuss. Here’s a fun recipe for dinner or a Halloween party snack, jack o’lantern quesadillas. (Can you believe that WordPress doesn’t know how to spell quesadilla? There are red underlines all over this post!)
Jack O’Lantern Quesadilla Recipe
Ingredients and supplies
For each quesadilla you will need:
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1-2 Tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- olive oil
- large pumpkin cookie cutter (optional)
- tiny cookie cutters – canapé cutters (optional)
- small knife
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Optional: using a knife or large cookie cutter, cut both tortillas into a pumpkin shape
- Using a small knife or the canapé cutters, cut out a face on one of the tortillas for each pair.
- Brush both sides of the tortillas with olive oil. Position the tortillas in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Bake until light browned, about 10 minutes, flipping them halfway through. Watch the tortillas that do not have a face cut and press them flat with a spatula when they puff.
- Sprinkle the uncut tortillas with cheddar cheese.place the face tortillas on top. Return to the oven and heat just until the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes. Serve while warm.