We love Disney Parks! Because of the cost (and the other great places to visit), we’ve only been a few times as a family, once to Disneyland and twice to Disney World. Planning ahead and tips can be essential to making the most of your time at Disney. By planning ahead we had a blast each time! Before we go, I always check for updated tips.
To get the most out of your trip to Disneyland California or any Disney Park, you definitely want to check out new tips ahead of time. Here are the best updated tips I found for my daughter’s Disney trip to Disneyland California.
9 Best Updated Tips for Disneyland California and Disney California Adventure
- Download the apps before you go! I found this tip on multiple blogs and websites. You can use the app to get in line, order food ahead of time so you just pick it up, maps, and so much more!
- There are now 2 apps to make the most of your Disneyland trip! For example,
“…the Disneyland app before your arrival. Download the Play Disney Parks app to interact…Make sure your phone has bluetooth on to use the Datapad in the Play Disney Parks app. The Datapad is a helpful translator and so much more!” See this post about Disneyland on Undercover Tourist if you want more detail.
- From Traveling Mom – “… the Disneyland App became indispensable to me as the day wore on and the crowds increased….check wait times for the different attractions… [and] there is a map…” For more details, see Traveling Mom.
- From Undercover Tourist: When lines peak in the afternoon, it’s showtime (and a good time to rest those legs).
- Save your phone battery! Remember, ride lines can be shorter during major shows and parades. If you want to see any show or just take advantage of the shorter lines, “…grab a park map at the entrance and seek out a times guide….you can still find one near the tunnel in Disneyland and to the right of the bathrooms just inside the entrance to Disney California Adventure.“
- The app is essentially for obtaining a spot in the virtual queue for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. For detailed tips on how to reserver you spot, see these instructions on Undercover Tourist to get in line for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- Single Rider is sometimes the best way to minimize your time in line at Disneyland. On the actual ride, you will get split up to ride with different groups, but you’ll get to ride more. Also note that you might miss features in the wait line, so consider using it for repeat rides. You can find a list of rides that offer single rider lines at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure here: a list rides that have Single Rider lines at Disneyland.
- “Buddy Pass is a similar option to reduce the wait for small parties at Disney California Adventure. … to parties of one or two… Buddy Pass holders enter a separate line and fill in empty rows as they come up.”
- If you want to travel light but still need some extra stuff, rent a locker for extra clothes and sunscreen.
The Best Websites for more Disneyland and Disneyland California Adventure Tips
And I have more post from our past trips: